Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I am feeling slightly virtuous, because I had a SMOOTHIE!!

And it was goooood. I had started thinking about less healthy dinner options, but bit the bullet and made a smoothie, and now I'm nicely full and feeling good. I may have a bite to eat later, but am feeling so great about having such a healthy snack that I will probably make much better choices when I do. 


Recipe:

✿ One nice sized organic navel orange

✿ Several handfuls of well washed organic baby spinach

✿ ≅ Half a bag of organic frozen cubed mango

✿ ≅ 1/16 tsp organic ground cloves

✿ ≅ 1/2 tsp organic ceylon cinnamon

✿ 2 cardamom seeds. These have a thin papery coating over little seeds. Remove the papery coating and use the inner seeds.

✿ ≅ 1 tsp ground ginger. (Ordinarily I would use fresh ginger, but am out.)

✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ ✜ 

✿ Cut the outside off of the orange peel and leave the pith, and cut orange in half.

✿ Blend the orange in your Vitamix or blender until it is completely broken down.

✿ Add your spinach and do the same. You may need the pusher here.

✿ Add frozen mango and spices, and blend at high speed until everything is nice and smooth. 

✿ Add filtered water until your smoothie is the consistency you like and drink!!

No comments:

Post a Comment